Sunday, August 3, 2014

Fourth of July!

On July 3rd, we went to Eaglewood with Cory and July, Candice and some friends to watch fireworks. It was a lot of fun and Jackson loved running around with his cousins. It was cool to see the three parachuters and the fireworks were awesome. 



On the fourth, we headed to Star Valley, Wyoming for my family reunion. We stayed at my Aunt Bev's house and we were able to see her horses for a little bit. Jackson didn't want to get too close to them.




My sweet Auntie LaVada putting Baby Lee to sleep



We went and saw my Dad's headstone while we were there. It was the first time I saw it in person. It is beautiful. It looks so good and the scenery around it is amazing. It is up on a little hill with the mountains behind it. It is a very peaceful place to be rested. Even though I have never lived in Star Valley, it always feels like home every time I visit. I love going there and just being where my Dad grew up. Now it is nice to go and visit my Dad as well.















We had a lot of fun this year at the reunion. We had bounce houses so the kids were entertained the whole time which was awesome. I didn't have to worry about Jackson at all. We also had a candy drop again. This airplane flew over us and my cousin throws out bags of candy. It was so fun and the kids loved watching the airplane fly so close to us.
The first night, CJ took Jackson to the rodeo and Jackson loved it. CJ... not so much. It was a ranch rodeo so it was different then a regular rodeo. They had the local ranchers rope a calf about ten different ways and whoever did it the fastest won.




These two cuties are only a month a part. Aliya is bigger then Lee already, hopefully he grows! They sure are cute and fun to watch. They were just talking and giggling.

1 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Looks like a great reunion! I'm so glad you got to visit your dad's burial site. Looks beautiful. And Lee is darling!