Saturday, August 9, 2014

Disneyland Vacation with Cottrell Family

For Connie's 60th birthday, she wanted to take the family on a vacation. She rented a home just a few minutes from Disneyland for all of us to stay in and paid for tickets as well. We were all excited to go. The house was decorated so cute. It was all in Disney and each bedroom had a different theme. The kids thought it was awesome and they got to pick where they slept. We slept in the Minnie Mouse room and Jackson slept in the Lightning McQueen bed in the Cars room with Cohen and Cooper. He loved the bed and asks to go back to the house so he can sleep in it again. 









Friday night we hung out and swam in the pool. Jackson almost drowned. He fell off the step and thankfully Cooper had his floaties on and was holding him up. July noticed and went and grabbed him. I was holding Lee and didn't even notice! I felt so bad. He was pretty shook and didn't want to get in the pool the rest of the time we were there.




On Saturday, we hung out and swam, celebrated Connie's birthday and had a BBQ for dinner. That night we went to Newport Beach. It was a little chilly so we didn't stay too long. It was a nice relaxing day before the real fun started at Disneyland!














Sunday morning we had reservations at Goofy's Kitchen. I love going there for some reason. I think it is so fun to see the characters and I think the food isn't that bad. I was bummed that we didn't see any of the main characters other then Goofy and Pluto, but we still saw some fun ones. Jackson was pretty shy with them and didn't want to get pictures.








Jackson loved his Mickey waffles!





We told them we were there celebrating Connie's birthday so they brought out a cupcake and a birthday pin for her to wear that day.








It was also Mother's Day this day. All the Mom's got carnation flowers. At Disneyland they handed out carnation flowers as well.

After breakfast, we headed to Disneyland! The kids were so excited. The first ride we went on was Buzz. The kids all loved it and it is one of my favorites as well.
Below is Baby Lee giving kisses to Cayman.
















We ended the night with Fantasmic and the Fireworks. They were awesome!!

The next day we went to California Adventures. We watched the Disney Jr. show and Aladdin. They were both great. Jackson wasn't loving all the rides like he did the last time we went. He thought some of the kid rides were too fast or scary. So we didn't ride a ton of different rides. His favorite ride was  Toy Story Mania.









We watched the Pixar Parade. The kids loved that one.











That night we watched World of Color. I absolutely loved it!! It was the first time I had seen it and I wished I knew how great it was because I would have watched it every night!











Waiting for the parade to begin!































Jackson holding hands with Cohen and Kenz. So sweet!




Everytime I go I tell CJ that I want a balloon. I never get one though, but at least I got a picture.
One day...




Jackson did wake up in the middle of the night one night and slept with us. I love how he is so close to CJ and he has his legs crossed. He loves to cuddle CJ when he sleeps with us, which is rare. But when he does, I still have plenty of room and those two are smashed on half or less than half of the bed.

Since we had spent one day at each park, on the third and final day we let Jackson pick what he wanted to do. We only went on a couple rides and Jackson said he was done. We went shopping the rest of the day and got a few souvenirs and then headed back to the house.


This is me being sad that we are leaving Disneyland on our last day. CJ on the other hand, was excited...




Since Lee wasn't the greatest on the drive down, I got to fly home with him while CJ and Jackson drove home. CJ and Jackson left in the morning and my flight wasn't until the afternoon. My cousin Amy took me to the airport. I was so nervous to fly for the first time with a baby and I was by myself! Lee kept crying in the terminal and that didn't help calm my nerves at all. Once I got on the flight, he fussed just a little and went right to sleep and slept the whole time. I was so grateful. I sat next to the nicest couple who told me not to worry at all if he was fussy and they would help me if I needed it. It was so comforting to know that there are nice people on planes who don't try to avoid you because you have a baby!
Overall, it was a great family trip. It really turned out so well and everyone had so much fun. A big thank you to Connie for putting this all together for us. It was so good to get the family together on a vacation! We loved it!
Even though we were gone from home for three weeks, I was actually quite sad to leave! I wanted to stay even longer. Once we were home though, it felt so nice.

1 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Wow, looks like an awesome Disneyland trip! That house you stayed at looks amazing! So fun!