Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Snowbird!

CJ and I wanted to get out of the house and do something different so we decided to go to Snowbird for the day. It ended up being Oktoberfest up there, which was a bummer, but it turned out to be fine. No one was out of control so Jackson didn't notice anything weird. I had never been up there to play since I don't ski, so I didn't know what there was to do up there. We rode the alpine slide, which Jackson thought was too fast. I don't think it is as good as Park City, but it was still fun. 


We rode the tram up the mountain and Jackson loved that. It was a beautiful view!




Then we hiked down a little bit so we could ride the ski lift the rest of the way down. On the way, there was a tunnel that you could walk through to the other side of the mountain. It was really fascinating actually. They had pictures all over that showed the area before there was anything there and pictures of  the ski resort being built. They had some of the tools that were used too.





Riding the ski lift down.  It was so fun and Jackson thought it was great. He played in the bounce houses for a little bit then we decided to head home. We all had a good time. I love spending time with my family!


0 comments: