Wednesday, July 23, 2014

No More Binki!

On July 24th, 2013 we bought Bucky the pirate ship as an incentive for Jackson to get rid of his binki. We put it on top of the fridge and said when he threw away his binki, he could have it. Well, almost a WHOLE year later.... On July 1, 2014 he finally did it!!!  He asked me if he could have Bucky and I told him what he needed to do. He said,"Mom, I don't need my binki anymore" and threw it on the floor. I told him if he wanted his ship, it had to go in the trash. So he picked it up and put it in the trash. I almost died from shock. I started asking him if he was sure and trying to explain that he can't have it back if he decides later he doesn't want the ship and wants his binki. He said he wanted his ship so I got it down and we opened it. He was so excited to finally play with it and was just fine without his binki the rest of the day. Then bedtime came and he did cry for it, but it wasn't a tantrum so it really wasn't that bad. He said he wanted to throw his ship away and just have his binki. I told him that we will wait until morning to see if he still feels like that. 
In the morning, CJ and I come out of the bedroom and Jackson is laying on the floor staring at his ship. He says, "Mom. I want to keep my ship."  Later that day he did get upset, but that was it. It really only took about two days for him to be fine. I was really surprised how well he did! And so glad that he hasn't tried stealing his brothers! 




0 comments: