Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kyle's Farewell

My nephew Kyle went into the MTC on Wednesday. He is going to the Boston, Massachusetts mission speaking Portuguese.  It was a very happy and sad day. I am going to miss him so much, but I am so proud of him for making the decision to serve the Lord and spread the gospel to others. His farewell was on Sunday and he did a great job with his talk. We were crying before sacrament even started. I just can't get over that I have two nephews now on missions. And with the new age change we will have four out at the same time! Our gospel is so amazing if you think about it. We send now eighteen and nineteen year old boys to preach the gospel all over the world. It takes a lot of faith, commitment and hard work to do this and I couldn't be more proud to now have two of my own out there doing this work. 







You might look at these pictures and think we are crazy. Well we are, but we have fun.









The mission prep class in Kyle's ward has a tradition where they go sing to the missionary who is leaving. They sang I am a Child of God and it was beautiful. The teacher just happened to speak Portuguese so he sang the second verse in Portuguese for Kyle. It was very tender and very sweet to hear these boys sing. That is one of my favorite things to listen to is an all men choir. There is just something special about it.


When Kyle was dropped off at the MTC, it was a very special surprise to have cousin Payden there to welcome him! Payden was Kyle's hosting elder. We were all secretly hoping the he would be and were so excited when it actually happened. It was a sweet moment for those two.



My handsome boys! Elder Kyle Johnson and Elder Payden Yates

0 comments: