Monday, December 30, 2013

A Hard Year

Overall, 2013 was a very hard year. There were definitely great things about it. We welcomed our second child. Both of my beautiful boys are healthy and growing like crazy for which I am so grateful. They are both so good and bring CJ and I so much joy. We love them and can't imagine our lives without them. We went to Disneyland. We hung out a lot with friends and just enjoyed playing!
We had multiple family reunions on my side and one on CJ's side. It is so great to spend time with family. At the end of the day, that is really all that matters. When our time here on earth passes, we don't take our homes or any of our belongings. The only things that go with us are our families. That reality hit me hard this year.
When my Dad passed, it was like everything became real. The gospel became real, the importance of doing whats rights or there will be serious consequences became real.  Making sure my children grow up learning and loving the gospel and building a testimony of their own or I will be held accountable became real. It is hard to explain, I know the gospel is true. I know there is a God who loves us and wants what is best for us. He is there for us always and no matter what. I know this and always have, but now that my Dad is waiting for my family on the other side it seems more important now then ever before. I want to see him again and I know I can as long as I make sure I am doing what I should and progressing in this eternal journey that we are on.
Then we had CJ's Grandpa pass away.  Now that we have two men who we love and miss very much waiting for us, how could we possibly let them down? It breaks my heart that those who lose someone close to them and do not have the gospel think that death is the end. It is not and I KNOW it is not.
I am so grateful for parents who taught me the gospel growing up. I am grateful for a husband who was taught the gospel and understands the importance of it. We don't know everything, but we both can continue to grow and learn everyday.
Despite the hard year, I love my Father in Heaven. Do I still ask why did my Dad have to go? Of course! But I remind myself that God is in control and he knows what is best.  He comforts me when I am in need of comfort and will continue to do so. Our timing is not his timing. I am learning that his timing is always right. I love my family! I love this gospel! I love my life!

1 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

What a sweet message Jackie, thank you! I am sorry it was a hard year but am so happy for all the wonderful things also in your year.