Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Day

CJ was so great and spent both nights with me in the hospital. I just don't like being there alone. Jackson went with my sister Holly to my family's Christmas Eve party and then spent the night at her house again. CJ got up around 6:30 a.m. to go to Holly's to spend Christmas morning with Jackson. My Mom and sister Kelly also spent the night there. When CJ got there, some of the kids were up so he woke up Jackson so he could open presents with everyone. He was very excited to see his Daddy. Jackson got a couple cars, a book, and a puzzle. His big present was sitting at our house waiting for him. 









After breakfast Jackson wanted to go to the hospital to show me all his new cars that he got. He was very excited to see me and Baby Brother.  After the pediatrician came in and looked at Lee, we were able to come home. We were excited to finally give Jackson his big present, but he fell asleep on the way home so I carried him to his bed and he was so tired that he slept for four hours! I couldn't believe it!





Our plan was to originally come home on Christmas Eve, but it didn't happen. We weren't able to make our roast we were going to have for Christmas dinner because of the time we got home at so I called Holly and asked if we could come over. After Jackson woke up, we headed over there and were able to talk to Tyler who is on a mission in New Zealand. I was so glad we were able to do that because Jackson loves Tyler! He was shy of course and didn't say anything. After a few minutes I was talking to Jackson and said,"Isn't this so fun to be able to talk to Tyler?" and he said, "I miss him." Oh, it was just the sweetest thing. I was also very excited to show him his new cousin.






After dinner we hung out for a little bit and then I was so exhausted that I just wanted to go home and rest.  So we headed home and Jackson was finally able to get his present from Santa. He definitely didn't give the reaction we were hoping for, but he does love it and plays with it everyday.



It was a good day for everyone. Jackson had so much fun playing with his cousins at the Cottrell Family party and at my Mom's house. I am so grateful for Holly for keeping Jackson while we were at the hospital. I am grateful for family who is so willing to help and make sure we are well taken care of. We are so blessed with great families.

0 comments: