Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last Weekend in California

We just got back from watching a Sunset at the beach probably for the last time. It's sad to think our time here in California has come to an end. We have had so much fun here and have done so many different things. It has been such a big adventure. We have learned so much and have grown so close together as a newlywed couple. We couldn't have asked for a better 2 and 1/2 years. It is ending up being a lot harder to say good-bye than we thought it would. Here are some pictures from this last weekend.
Me and my cute sweet-heart
I think this picture is funny.
Just enjoying ourselves.
Here is a picture of us and some of our amazing friends, left to right it is Jen, Tyler, us, Baby Logan, Spenny, and Nellie. I came out to work for Tyler and I couldn't have asked for a better job for the last two years. He ended up being my boss for only a year and half but the last year has been Jackie's boss. He has been the most amazing person to work for and we have had so much fun out side of work. Between the beach, baseball games, house shopping, furniture shopping, and all of the tv shows we watched on DVD together. He has been a great friend and we will miss him and his new wife Jen. Spenny was my old mission companion/neighbor growing up and we talked him into moving out here to work with us. We feel so bad leaving him, Nellie and Logan. We have had so much fun with them. We just laugh and laugh and just enjoy each other's company, other than when I am beating Nellie in games. I think we for sure will go through Spenny and Nellie withdrawals.
Me, Jackie, Nellie, and Spenny after watching the Ute game last Thursday.
Here is us eating pizza and treats while watching the game. Our other friend Andy is in this picture.
Lastly, it will be tough to say goodbye to my co-workers. They have been our family for the last two years or so. I have worked with such an amazing team. I know it is going to be hard to go to work tomorrow and say goodbye to them. Above is April and Gladys. They have been my office staff. We have had so much fun together, telling stories, laughing, and working hard. This year we earned the award for having one of the Top Business Office's in the company. Out of the 70 facilities only 7 or so received the award. It is so nice to go out on a high note. Not only have I had a great staff but our team at Glenwood took home the Best Therapy Team, Best Nursing Staff, Safety Award, and the Economic Engine Award. On top of that we earned the Ensign Flag which is the top honor you can earn in our Company. We have earned it 3 of the past 4 years. It has been a honor working with them and I will miss everyone at Glenwood a ton.
Here is Goodbye to California and we look forward to our new adventure back in Utah. It will be fun to be back around family and friends. Hope to see everyone soon and hope to come back and visit all of our wonderful friends in California!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You will really be missing CA. next week. I don't know if you realize but the mountains got snow over the weekend. Are you sure you want to say good bye to sunny CA.?

Debbie said...

I know you're going to be missing California, and your friends there a lot, but I must say that I am SO excited that you are moving back to Utah! You have had some friends here that have missed you very very much for the past couple years! Me especially! I hope to see you soon!!!

Ashley said...

You guys are so cute! Those pictures are very sweet. It was fun getting to know you a little in California. It will be weird going to visit and you guys not being there. We will all have to meet up at Disneyland once a year!

L said...

It was so good seeing you guys before you left! We are so sad to see you go, but we know you are excited for another chapter of your lives. We wish you the best, and we'll plan on seeing you at least once a year around Jackie's Birthday at Disneyland, right??? We love you!!!

Brandon and Val said...

Your pictures are so cute! I am glad you had such good friends to take care of you in California! I am excited your coming back home!

Becky said...

Awww... I think I cried a little! But, why? I am on the Utah end! And, boy are we excited to have you back! Love you two - see you soon.