Sunday, October 12, 2008

Back in Utah

It sure was a busy week. Monday was my last day at Glenwood and it was very hard to say good-bye. Gladys made me a little video of pictures and co-workers saying good-bye to me. It was really nice and by the end of our morning meeting everyone was crying because it was so hard to say good-bye. Jackie and Nellie cleaned up the apartment and did some more packing while I was working. Tuesday morning we drove down to the Long Beach Airport to pick up Cory, Kimmy, and Scott who were flying in to help us pack and drive back to Utah. Jackie and I stopped off at Cafe Mimi's and had a great breakfast. After we picked them up we headed to Disneyland, because as Jackie says, you can't leave California without going to Disneyland one more time.
This is us in California Adventures. They have the Park decorated so cool for Halloween. They had a garden of carrots, corn, pumpkins etc.... but instead of being the correct vegetables it was all candy corn.
Jackie and Kimmy with their Mickey Ears.
Cory and I with our Grumpy and Nemo hats on, and no we did not buy these or wear these in the park.
Kimmy and Jackie in front of some cool carved pumpkins.

Us in the tea-cups, Cory and I did our best to spin the tea-cup as fast as we could to try to make Jackie sick. She did have a hard time walking afterwards.
The boys, Cory, me, and Scott. Kind of funny Scott was booed a few times because of his BYU gear, I was cheered through out the park. It was funny how many people made comments about our hats. One ride operator said I sure wish I didn't have to let that BYU fan on the ride. It made me laugh through out the day.
On the Screaming ride and no Cory and Jackie did not coordinate the nose picking. Pretty funny they did the same thing.
Tower of Terror, just so scary. Guy in front of us was a Ute fan and said to us, do you see that BYU fan over there, and I said ya, he is with us.
Splash Mountain was awesome. I said that I didn't want to sit in the front again as I am the one that always does. Cory volunteered as he said I never get wet on Splash Mtn, needless to say, he got soaked as did everyone but me. If you can see, I was as close to Jackie as possible so she kept me dry. Cory was wet the rest of the day.

Everyone getting in on my posing thing. Cory seemed to enjoy the nose picking pose through out the day.
All of us at dinner that night at ESPN ZONE. Thanks to Cory, Kimmy, and Scott for coming out to help us. It was sure nice of you guys and I sure hope you guys had fun too.
Nellie and Jackie holding Mickey's hand.
Last Friday we had missed our Mission Reunion and I was sad about not being there. Sister Mendez emailed me and said they would be in Anaheim and wondered if we would come down and see them. We were excited to spend some time with President and Sister Mendez. Tyler, Spenny, and I all served together and we all work together, so needless to say our wives have heard plenty of mission stories, but none of them had met the Mendez'. We all drove down together and had dinner with them. It was so fun spending some time with them and catching up on things. I was also glad that Jackie was able to meet them.
This is the only picture we took of the move. We arrived in Utah Thursday night and unloaded the truck at my Mom's house to store things while we look for a house to buy. It was a long drive and we didn't have any problems. Everything went smoothly. Friday we spent the day with family and looking for a house. It sure is cold and lucky for us it even snowed last night. I hope you caught the sarcasm. I already miss the California weather. We had a long fun week and enjoyed our time with family and friends. Thanks to everyone for their help this week!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to have you back home safely. I am so proud you have had such a wonderful growth experience in California. And I am so grateful for so many supportive friends. Thanks to all who have been such an important part of C.J. and Jackie's life. Love your Lit'l mother!!!!

Abby said...

Wow, I can't believe you guys are back in Utah. CRAZY! So happy that you will be buying your FIRST house though. That is so very exciting. Glad everything went off without a hitch!

JenJ said...

Yeah for adventure!!! I can't wait to see what comes next for you two.