Monday, September 22, 2008

Lonely Weekend

This past weekend, Jackie went to an all girl weekend with her Cousins, Aunts, Sisters, and Mom in St George. They go see a play in Tuachan every year together. Jackie left Thursday night and drove with our friend Nellie and baby Logan. She dropped them off at Nellie's Sister's place. It was really nice to have someone drive with Jackie so she wasn't alone. Jackie spent the night with Jodi and family. Kelly had flown in from Arkansas to Vegas for the weekend and I know Jackie had a great time with Kelly.
Jackie made it to Cafe Rio, Outlet Shopping, Crackel Barrel, Pasta Factory and to the play Les Miserables. She said it was a great play.



My weekend was spent working and playing the Nitendo Wii. Since Spenny's wife was out of town as well, we watched plenty of football. We tried to make a guy's weekend out of it and went to Six Flags for part of Saturday and then made it back to watch the Ute Football game. Go Utes!!! I sure was anxious on Sunday to have Jackie come home. It seemed like the day took forever. She finally got home that night and it was nice to have my wife and best friend home, even though it had only been 3 and half days.

I stole these pictures from Becky's blog, so thanks Becky for taking pictures as Jackie took our camera and didn't leave it for me, and then she didn't even take pictures. Thus no one gets to see pictures from our guy's weekend, I know you are all disappointed.

On a side note, for those that don't know, Jackie and I are moving back to Utah. We will be moving the second week of October. Just in time for the snow. I sure will miss the ocean, beaches, and this amazing weather, but we are excited to be back close to family and friends. I am staying with the same company, just transferring to a new facility, and hopefully Jackie will be doing the same. We love our jobs and look forward to being able to work closer to home. It is going to be hard to leave our close friends here though.

8 comments:

My Walkabout said...

I can't wait to see you guys when you get back.

Abby said...

Even though we've only been down once, I will miss you living in Cali, too. We had so much fun down there.

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Thanks for giving my Spenny some company! I hate being alone, and I know he's not enjoying it either. I'm glad you survived your few days without Jackie! I was getting worried, reading your blog that you wern't going to mention that you were going to miss your friends, but I'm glad you added that in at the end! See ya soon.

C.J. and Jackie said...

There will be more pictures to come as soon as I get them from my sister!!

StephNyd said...

Beautiful Jackie!!! It's Steph Davis. How are you? I came across your blog through Becky's. You and your hubby are so cute. Looks like you guys had a great girls weekend down south. Anywho, send me your
e-mail address to stephnydegger@hotmail.com and I will send you an invite to my blog. I would love to hear from you. Did I happen to mention already that you are so beautiful and I hear you are moving back to Utah. Yay for your Mom. That will be nice for her. See ya!

Brandon and Val said...

JACKIE! How are you guys doing??? It seems like I haven't talked to you forever and ever..... Are you REALLY coming back to Utah??? :)

JenJ said...

CJ!
You are so sweet! I'm glad you have your Jack back.

Becky said...

Yeah, we are sooooo excited to have you back in Utah! I hope you decide Lehi is the place for you. It's perfect!