Sunday, November 25, 2012

Temple Square

We went to Temple Square the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was such a warm day that we thought it would be perfect to go because once it got really cold, we knew we wouldn't want to take Jackson to walk around. We went to dinner before at the food court at City Creek and it was insane! It was fun to walk around though.
My parents, my sister Kelly, Cory and July and kids came and met us to walk around Temple Square. My parents met us at City Creek and walked over with us. I thought this was so cute. My Dad leaned in to say hi to Jackson and Jackson grabbed his hand. This is how they walked from City Creek to the Church Office Building. It was so sweet. Jackson sure loves his Papa!



While at the very East side of Temple Square, Kelly gave Jackson some coins to throw into the water. He loved it and kept wanting to do it over and over. It is a good thing Kelly had so much change! He probably threw at least three dollars worth of coins.















We love walking around Temple Square. It is so beautiful and I love seeing the Temple lit up. I love that Jackson recognizes the temple now. We weren't able to see the Christus because there was a huge line of people to see it, so we thought we would come back another day so Jackson could see it. Jackson didn't really care about the lights. I thought he would get so excited because he loves the lights on our house, but he just sat in his stroller totally mellow. It did make it easier for us that he sat so well!

After Temple Square, we headed over to Macey's to see the decorated windows. They were so cool. I remember looking at the windows when ZCMI did it, so I was excited to see that tradition come back to downtown Salt Lake.



After the windows, we went to Farr's Ice Cream to get a treat before we headed home. It was a great night spent with family. Christmas time is my favorite. There are so many fun things to do and it is even more fun with Jackson.

0 comments: