Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

We started the Halloween Festivities this year with our ward Trunk or Treat on Friday night. CJ had to do his work party so I took Jackson over and met up with Cory and July. There were games, donuts and apple cider. It was a lot of fun to see all the cute neighborhood kids dressed up. Jackson was a dragon and the cutest little dragon at that! CJ was going to be a knight and I was going to be a damsel in distress, but we slacked on finding costumes this year.



I must have worn Jackson out from all the excitement because on the short walk home he fell asleep. Grandma Connie came over after to see Jackson all dressed up. I was really surprised that he didn't even try to take his costume off, especially the head part.



On Halloween, we went to my Mom's house. I usually help her make donuts which are to die for! But this year we decided to do taquitos. We haven't had those for years so it was a delicious treat! My sister Holly and her family, Kelly, Uncle Gary, Aunt Susan and my cousin Becky and her family all came over for dinner. It was a party!


My Cute Mama frying up the taquitos


Ah, the finished product. The sauce is my Grandpa Chalk's recipe and it is sooo good. I could eat these everyday! They are a lot of work though, no wonder we only have them every five years!

The kids were ready to head out so we put Jackson in his outfit so we could go. We went around with Holly's kids and Becky's kids, but we only took Jackson to the houses that we wanted to visit. It is fun saying hi to my old neighbors. I grew up in the best neighborhood!

Lauren (Daisy Duck), Jackson, CJ, Brooke (unicorn) and Jacob (baseball player)

Becky's cute kids. Sheriff Wyatt and Colton the Pumpkin


Here we are trick or treating at Lori Hanson's house. She even gave Jackson an M&M so he could learn what Halloween is all about. He sucked on it for a minute and then spit it out. At least he got a little taste.

Visiting Uncle Gary's house

My cute little dragon

Jackson loved chewing on the wrappers. He just thought it was so much fun!


I guess I should have opened it for him so he at least could have tasted something good instead of just the wrapper. Oh well! He still loved it.

4 comments:

Jackman Family said...

He really is the cutest little dragon I have ever seen!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

What a cute little dragon!

Nikki Taylor said...

Yep, THE cutest dragon I've ever seen. What a sweetie!

Abby said...

That is a mighty cute little dragon you have there! Glad you had a happy Halloween.