Tuesday, November 22, 2011

CJ's 30th Birthday

I threw C.J. a surprise birthday party because he turned the BIG 30! I can't believe that he is that old. We had it at my sister Holly's house because I knew it would be easier then having it at my house. Trying to get him out of the house and have someone come over and set up and get everything ready would have just been too much work and I knew I could get him to Holly's easily. It was a hit!! He had no idea. For those of you who know C.J., know that he can be pretty nosey. He goes through my phone, looks up my emails so I knew this was going to be very difficult and that I couldn't have much contact with anyone. Holly was awesome in helping out and kept everything at her house. I wouldn't have been able to pull this off without her. I went over to Holly's house on Friday and we made lots of food for dinner and got everything decorated. It looked awesome! It was very tricky trying to do this stuff and shop for all the things I needed. I had to ignore a few phone calls from C.J. and blame it on me sleeping.
I had called C.J. at work to tell him that we were going to dinner with Holly, Matt and Kelly that night. He was so busy at work that day so he was a little irritated when I called. I thought "Perfect" he really has no idea. He got home from work later then usual that night and we weren't supposed to be at Holly's until 6:30. Jackson usually goes to bed around 7, so C.J. asked if he should just stay home, bathe Jackson since it was bath night and put him to bed on time instead of keeping him up late. I thought to myself "He knows!" I tried to play it cool and not get flustered. I told him he could do whatever he wanted, then asked "You are really going to ditch me for dinner?" So he got ready and we headed over. He drove so slow that I thought for sure he knew, but he didn't!

Here is everyone waiting for us to show up. Lots of family and good friends came to help us celebrate.




C.J. is kind of bad with reactions. He will admit he is, but he looked pretty surprised.


Poor Jackson got scared when everyone yelled surprise and were blowing their horns. Our neighbors little boy who is just two months younger then Jackson got scared too. We had two very sad babies.


I had lots of things for C.J. to wear! It was fun having him put it all on. He is such a good sport!



Sweet Bailey and Scotty


Jackson with his favorite person, next to C.J. and I of course. Although, sometimes Jackson doesn't seem to really care if we are there or not when Matt has him.


We had delicious food for dinner. We had chili, potato and chicken noodle soups. Rolls, bread sticks and salad. A big thanks to those who helped with the food!


C.J.
doesn't really like cake so Holly made him an apple pie. Everyone else got cake and ice cream.


All the cute kids just hanging out wanting some cake and ice cream.



After dinner I had a few questions so everyone could get to know C.J. a little better. I asked a question and people had to guess the answer.




Jackson got a taste of cake from Aunt Kimmy. I think he liked it!


We pulled it off! It turned out to be a great night and C.J. had a lot of fun. We have the best families and friends and that just topped it off being able to spend time with all of them.

0 comments: