Monday, June 4, 2012

Zoo and Dinosaur Park

Jackson and I went to the zoo with my Cousin Becky and her two boys Wyatt and Colton. It was a lot of fun and Jackson gets more and more excited the older he gets to see the animals. He loves watching the monkeys jump around and they had the cutest baby monkey that was climbing all over his mom. 
The really big gorilla was inside and Becky and I were watching him and he charged the window and banged on it. Becky and I both jumped about a foot in the air and just about peed our pants. Then we started wondering how strong the glass really was and if the gorilla hit the glass more if it would break. It was really scary. I felt bad for the gorilla, he seemed very sad. 




Jackson has loved the carousel in the past, but this time he wasn't loving it. He was okay while we weren't moving and then as soon as his animal started going up and down, he got whiny and scared. He  wrapped his arms around my neck and wanted to get off, but I just held him tightly and talked to him while it was going. He didn't let go of my neck until it was time to get off. I felt so bad for him. I was a total wimp when I was little, but I could handle a carousel. I am a little worried that he isn't going to like any rides. We will work on this.

July invited us to go to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden with her and the kids. I had never been there before and didn't know what to expect. I knew it was outside and Jackson would be happy to do anything outdoors. It was really fun. There is a small building that had dinosaur statues, fossils, and other cool things to look at. The coolest part was where they had a big fence and dinosaurs behind it that moved. It was like they were real and they would make noise and Jackson thought it was the coolest thing. He growled over and over which means he was VERY excited! When it was time to go outside, he wouldn't let go of the fence. I had to pry his fingers off to get him to leave. It was the funniest thing.
Outside there were statues all over the place. None of them moved which was a bummer for Jackson. There was a playground that we played on for a little bit and then we left and got lunch. It was a good day spent with cousins.







0 comments: