Tuesday, October 18, 2011

8 (1/2) Months

I have been terrible at updating our blog lately. I didn't do a 7 months post, but here Jackson is at 8 1/2 months. He is always happy and smiling. He has been like that since he was born. He is such a good baby and we just love him!


He loves this turtle. He always chews on his head. It is his favorite bath toy and he holds onto it when he gets out. He still loves his bath and we let him play for a while before we wash him.

He eats baby food and formula now. I have dried up so I have to give him formula. We tried regular formula and he spit up a ton so we tried low-lactose and he was a little better but not much improvement. Now I am trying soy. He does pretty good, but still not great. Soy and any formula really, smells terrible. I hate the smell of his spit up now, it makes me gag. He is not that sweet smelling baby he was before. I just make sure I smell him lots after his baths. He loves food though! I wish that he would get teeth so that I could give him more real food. He wants everything I am eating.

So, no teeth yet. There have been a couple times I thought he was teething, but every time I stuck my finger in his mouth I didn't feel anything. He slobbers a ton so I guess I will never know when they are really coming in.

Jackson is still in size 3 diapers and wears 6-9 and 12 month clothes. He is getting so big and long. His pants are 12 months, his little big belly just can't squeeze into anything smaller.


He still takes two good naps everyday and sometimes he will take a third nap for about an hour. He snuggles with his blanket when he is tired. It is the cutest thing. When I lay him down to sleep, if I grab his blankie from him so I can cover him, he will flip on his back and look at me. As soon as it is in his grasp, he grabs it and rolls on his side. He loves it, it is a comfort for him. I smile every time he does it. He is a binki and blanket boy and I love it!

He has rolled over from his back to his stomach twice, but he doesn't roll over at all anymore. He gets really upset when he is on his tummy and when he falls on his back, he just lays there and still plays.
Jackson scoots around on his bum. He hasn't figured out the crawling thing yet. He likes to get up on his knees and sometimes he will just face plant it. He is getting better about staying on his hands and knees for a couple seconds before he slips to his stomach. Maybe in a month he will start crawling. It is so exciting to see him try so hard though.

Jackson is more clingy now then he used to be. He would sometimes reach for people, but now if CJ or I are holding him he just sits there and stares at whoever is trying to get him. A couple times he has pulled away from people who have tried to grab him and has even started crying when someone looks at him. It is the funniest thing, but he is getting better about that. At least I know he loves CJ and I.

We were over at C.J.'s moms house and her dog breathes really loud from asthma. He came running over to us while we were sitting on the couch and was jumping around our feet. Jackson looked at him and started screaming. It was the saddest thing. He got scared from that dumb dog.
Holly was watching Jackson and grabbed a big stuffed toy giraffe and showed it to Jackson, he looked at it and started screaming. She put it down and thought that she startled him with it. So she slowly brought it up so he could see it and screamed again. He was afraid of that giraffe.



I love that he will tilt his head and rest it on my face. It only lasts for a couple seconds, but it makes my heart jump when he does it. He is so sweet.


C.J. said Jackson looked like an old man with this hat on. I think he just looks adorable. Okay, maybe he looks like an old man a little bit, but a cute one!


Here is Jackson's first pair of sunglasses. Only 99 cents from Gymboree! I couldn't pass them up when they were that cheap. I have been wanting to get him some for a couple of weeks. He looks so cute with them on!


Unfortunately, he just likes to eat them. I guess we will work on getting him to leave them on his head.

1 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Aww he is so cute! I love that charming smile and those chubby cheeks! Can I come pinch them soon? :)
Maybe we can come see you at Thanksgiving time.

Can he really be almost 9 months old? Crazy! Sorry you dried up Jackie. :) And yes, formula tastes nasty. But lucky for you, he really only needs it for a few more months.

Looks like you have been having some fun adventures!