Sunday, November 28, 2010

Baby Crafts and Other Stuff


After a lot of looking and searching for crib bedding, I decided to be adventurous and make my own. Those of you who know me at all, know that I am the least crafty person you will ever meet. After three hours of being at the fabric store trying to decide what fabric to use and with the wonderful help of my sisters Kelly and Holly and my cousin Lizzy we were able to make a quilt and a bed skirt. Below is the quilt. I sewed the squares together and the cream border around it. I was so proud of myself and so was everyone else! Lizzy helped with the border of the quilt and the actual quilting part of it using one of those nifty machines that does all the work for you. Holly made the bed skirt and I just hemmed the bottom of it. They both turned out very cute and I am so proud that I actually helped with it. We are still working on the bumper pad so that will be coming later.


Our next craft that we wanted to do was our baby's name in blocks with cute paper on them. We have decided on the name Jackson and I am hoping that it doesn't change once our little one arrives. C.J. stained the blocks, I cut out the paper and we both mod podged the paper on the blocks. We want to find a shelf to put them on, so we are on the lookout.


We wanted to find a really comfy chair for me to be able to nurse in and hold the baby in. According to C.J. it will be my bed once the baby arrives. Ha! He is so funny. We found this chair and we both really liked it so we decided it would be a good purchase and something that will last us hopefully through all our children. It is really comfy and I can't wait to rock Little Jackson in it.

10 comments:

Jackman Family said...

What cute projects you did. They have all turned out so adorable!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

So cute! What do you mean you're not crafty? Silly you. I love the chair too-that will be so nice! And don't worry...you will fall asleep in it, but C.J. will too, cause he's going to get up with little Jackson in the night too! And no comment to the post below....arrg.

Unknown said...

Love all the crafts!! Turned out really cute! Good job!

JenJ said...

wow, you are one crafty non-crafty person!!! :) I am very impressed! I LOVE the name. I decided I want to try and modge podge something! That looks fun! And very very cute!! LOVE the chair. I have always wanted a really comfy chair for all the hours I spent with a baby in a chair. You are super duper smart and CJ is super duper awesome to get you one with your first baby!!!!!

Wall said...

How exciting! Jackson is such a cute name. We were actually considering Jackson before we settled on Charlie. I love the quilt too! It turned out very cute.

Brandon and Val said...

I love the bedding! It turned out so cute!! I have a chair just like that in Oakley's room and I LOVE LOVE it! I am glad we both have good hubbies who like to spoil us :)

Debbie said...

Jackson is a great name. I love the wooden blocks you made. So cute! That comfy chair will definitely come in handy, and I think it's a great purchase. I'm excited to see you next week for your baby shower!!!

Romar and Sarah Karl said...

So cute Jackie! I Love the bedding, and letters. Jackson is such a cute name. I also love your new "bed."

My Walkabout said...

Action Jackson Cottrell!!!!

I love it!

Brittany said...

Cute stuff, so it seems like Jackson is sticking, love it!
So I need your address, can you email it to me asap... :) thanks! Brittgarner@gmail.com