Sunday, July 18, 2010

San Fran Trip

Here is how Brian and I started the day. Video chatting as we sat next to each other. Jackie said we are big dorks.
We headed over to the Pleasanton Sports Complex which is probably at least a mile of baseball and soccer fields. I thought it was really cool, Brian and Jackie, not as excited.
This is where I played little league baseball. Brian and I re-living the glory days of playing ball together.
Next we headed to downtown Pleasanton and just walked around. It was a fun old school downtown.
Thanks to Brian for spending the weekend with us, we were sad to drop him off at the airport. We then headed to the famous Pier 39. It is a huge pier that has a ton of shops and restaurants. It was a blast.

Here is a picture of Alcatraz that you can see from the Pier. I wish the tour would have been cheaper and we would have gone to it.

Here is a picture of Pier 39. It was fun to walk around all the shops.

We walked around Fisherman's Wharf as well. There were a lot of street performers. It has been actually kind of cold in San Fran.
Here is the famous Lombard Street. We waited close to an hour to just drive down it. Afterwards Jackie said, I thought the street would have been longer. There are peoples houses who are on the actual windy part of the street. It is insane. What a pain to get through all the tourists to get to your house everyday!
Great view in our side view mirror of the Bay Bridge.
We stopped by the Oakland temple and it sure is beautiful. What an amazing building and it has a great view of the Bay.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the baseball memories. One of my favorites is when you were playing T ball and got a triple play. You played short stop. Caught the ball, ran and helped a handicap boy tag an out on first base,then threw and got the runner out on second. Rules were different for T ball than regular ball. You got a standing ovation from both teams, with tears running down many parents faces for helping the handicap boy. You have an extrodinary heart. I am so proud of you. Thanks for the memories.

Anonymous said...

Forgive me for reminising. I also remember the batting cages and the gentleman who kept watching you hit the ball. Turns out he was the batting coach for Rickie Henderson and was very empressed with your baseball prowness at such a young age. He gave me his business card. I wish I could find it for your treasures. So many wonderful memories.

Jackman Family said...

Looks like you guys have had a great vacation! I'm glad you guys went! Loved the pictures it looks like lots of fun! Wish I could remember more of living there! That's awesome you could remember how to get around!