Sunday, July 11, 2010

Boating at Utah Lake

Last week Candice and Dallas were nice enough to invite us to come boating with them. I hadn't been in years. Dallas backed the boat into the water and while he was parking the truck and trailer I was in charge of driving the boat. Well I've never driven one before and it didn't go so well. Somewhat close to hitting another boat and the dock and while trying to stop the boat from hitting the dock hurt my foot pretty bad. So lesson here, I guess I shouldn't drive the boat.
Here is me wake boarding.
Cohen the official flag person.
Here is Dallas surfing behind the boat. This was pretty cool, I had never seen this before. Candice is waiting for him to throw her the rope.
Showing us how it is done.
And the finish.
Cohen got the munchies and ate Cheetos and Fruit by the Foot.
Here is me doing the surfing. I got up on my first try and it was a lot of fun. I was never brave enough to let go of the rope though. It is pretty similar to wake boarding. Maybe next time when I feel more comfortable. All my practice surfing in California must have really helped me here. It sure is easier to get up when you have a boat pull you up rather than trying to paddle to catch a wave.
Here is Candice surfing.
Here is Jackie chilling on the boat. Thanks Dallas and Candice, we had a great time.

3 comments:

Jackman Family said...

We are glad you guys came It was alot of fun!

My Walkabout said...

nice work mr. cottrell. why didn't your better half try it?

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had fun.