Monday, July 8, 2013

Johnson Reunion 2013

This year was our year for our Johnson Reunion! I am sad this only happens every other year, but we sure have fun when we all get together. We started the night of July 2nd. Some of those who were traveling were coming at all random times that day so we just had dinner that night and all the kids played outside. My family now has 14 adults and 25 grand kids with two on the way. We are growing! 

After dinner, we had a short devotional by Jodi and Tim. They talked about our theme for the reunion: Keep Calm and Cowboy On. They did a great job talking about giving our best and comparing the things that a cowboy would wear to things that can protect us, like the Armor of God. It was so fun to just hang out and talk with everyone and the kids had a blast with this soccer ball my brother brought. It was a six-foot ball and you literally bounced off of it when you were trying to push it and someone was on the other side. We saw many kids go flying. We took it over to the school behind my Mom's house and had a night time soccer game with everyone. Jackson loved chasing it all over. It was too dark to get any pictures though. 

The next day everyone rose early to go to Pineview Reservoir. CJ had to work this day which was a huge bummer, but the rest of us sure did have fun. We had two boats and everyone loved it. All the kids loved getting on the skis, tubes and wake boards. I didn't want to wake Jackson up so we headed up after he woke up. He loved playing in the water. I was surprised at how much he enjoyed it. He doesn't like to get dirty so I was worried he wouldn't like the sand, but we brought his sand toys that he had gotten for Easter and he had a blast playing with Wyatt, Beckett and Emmett on the beach. 







Kelly, Jackson and I went for a little ride on the tube. Jackson didn't like it at first. I kept asking if he was having fun and he would tell me no. He never smiled while we were on it, but there were no tears! He wasn't too sure about the boat ride either, but then afterwards he couldn't stop talking about he had ridden on the boat and wanted to go again.



My brother-in-law Doug and brother Dustin went for the ride of a lifetime. My brother Scott was driving the boat and was going crazy. He was laughing and smiling the whole time thinking he was so funny. Doug and Dustin were done riding after about 30 seconds, but couldn't let go to tell us to stop or else they would have fallen off. We quite enjoyed watching them though!



Each family was in charge of a different meal. I was in charge of lunch this day. We had yummy sandwiches and snacks for everyone.













That night we were all so exhausted. We got back to the house in time to eat dinner and then we had to head over to the church for a little fireside. My brother Scott has a friend who teaches seminary and he talked to us for an hour. He did an excellent job. The way he taught and what he pointed out to us were things I have never noticed. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and what tactics Satan uses against us. It was very touching for all of us, especially since this was the first reunion without my Daddy.

0 comments: