Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Jackson's 1st Birthday!

CJ and I both can't believe that it has been a whole year since this little guy came into our life. How blessed we are to have him here and have the opportunity to raise him in the gospel. We truly have been blessed from having Jackson and we just love him to pieces.

We started out his birthday with giving him his present from us on Monday night so that he could play with it all day on Tuesday. This way CJ would be able to see his reaction to it. We got him a learning/music table. I brought it out to the family room and Jackson got this huge smile on his face and was so excited. He absolutely loved it and he walks around the whole thing over and over so he can play with all the toys. It is so funny to watch him.




When CJ and I went to Zurchers they had some really cute birthday things. We decided to do a Mickey Birthday. We bought really cute decorations and a Mickey cake pan that I was going to attempt to make. I am not crafty and have never decorated a cake before, but I really wanted to try. I make cupcakes also just in case my cake didn't turn out as well as I was hoping. I have to say that I am very proud of myself. It took me an hour to make the frosting, color it and frost the cake. It turned out awesome! All I did was use a cake decorating tip and made little stars around the whole thing.



We had both of our families over for dinner. There were around 30 people and not everyone was able to come. Our house was packed! We had taco soup and chicken noodle soup, rolls and salad. It was so yummy! After dinner we opened presents and Jackson was spoiled. He got a car race track and lots of reverent books from Grandma Connie, a basketball hoop from Cory, July and kids, a dump truck from Kimmy, Scott and kids, two Cars cars from Ryan, Amber and kids and a box of graham crackers from Kelly. He sure does have a lot of people who love him!








Playing on the boxes was definitely one of the highlights of the night...





After presents we did cake and ice cream. Jackson was getting a little anxious sitting in his high chair and he hates bibs so he didn't like that I had put one on him either. We sang Happy Birthday and he got even more upset while we sang. I put the Mickey cake on his tray so he could dig in. He definitely took his time. He stuck his fingers in it and licked them and decided that it tasted pretty good. He would only get the frosting and eat it. I broke off a piece of the cake and put it in his mouth and he spit it out. After a minute or two he took a chunk out of the cake and threw it on the floor. What a good boy he is...
He liked his cake, but didn't eat too much of it and was wanting to get out of the high chair after about five minutes. He looked funny with all the black on him. We wiped him up as best we could and stuck him in the bath.







After the bath, Kelly was holding him in the kitchen with his towel wrapped around him and he spit up quite a bit and it was all black! It was gross looking. I was worried he would have a tummy ache that night, but he slept fine. I was so grateful!

Jackson had a great 1st Birthday and is so very blessed to have so many people come help us celebrate. Jackson is very lucky to be growing up with so much family around. All I can say is we have the best family in the world!!

5 comments:

Dallas Jackman said...

I love how much he loves his play table his faces are adorable in those pictures! Jackie you did an Amazing job on that cake! I have always been too scared to try and make a cake! I know now who to ask for my next kids birthday cake! Looks like he had fun so sad we missed it.

Nikki Taylor said...

First of all I can't believe that little toe head is 1 year old already and I haven't even met him! He is darling! Second, that cake IS AMAZING! I am so impressed. I could never do that. Sounds like the party was a huge success!

Anonymous said...

I love looking at updates and have shown off your cake and cute babt to several people. You did an awesome job on your first cake and the kids had a ball. Good job!

Becky said...

Holy cake, Jackie! That's awesome. Good work & I can't believe Jackson is 1 already either. He's a cutie-pie!

Wall said...

Wow, what a cake. Great job Jackie! I can't believe Jackson is 1 year old, crazy how time flies. He's a very cute boy, you guys did good:)