Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Belly

14 weeks along in the above picture and I look back and think, I felt huge, but there really isn't much sticking out quite yet. You will notice in this picture and the other two posted that I am in the same black pants. They are the only pair of pants that are comfy to me and so I wear them everyday when I get home from work and I usually stay in them all weekend long! I will sometimes change if we leave the house, but only sometimes.
The first three and a half months I would get sick if I didn't eat every two hours. If I waited even 30 minutes too long, when I finally did eat I would end up throwing it all up and have to eat again. It was always worse in the morning if I waited too long to eat breakfast since I hadn't eaten all night. I would keep snacks and water on my bed table so if I woke up in the night I could eat something. I was usually good all night, but around 4 a.m. I would wake up hungry and I would have to eat. Then it seemed to be every morning at 4 I was getting up to eat and then again at 6. I didn't like that it seemed to be happening every morning instead of just once in a while. Poor C.J. would listen to me crinkling wrappers and crunching on my food. He was such a good sport to let me eat in bed!

Here I am at 18 weeks along. My pants can't be done up all the way without making me feel very uncomfortable. We purchased a belly band so I can still wear my pants somewhat undone and have that covering it. I was feeling pretty good at 18 weeks. On occasion I would get dizzy if I hadn't eaten for a while, but for the most part am doing really well!
This picture is me at 22 weeks. I still have some people say "Oh, you are just starting to show!" or "You aren't showing at all." People! There is a belly there and to me it pokes out rather far! I know I really don't look that big, but I feel much larger then it looks. I can't do my pants up at all now. Thank heavens for the belly band and for a desk job that I can leave my pants undone all day and no one knows!
I am feeling great. I haven't been sick at all lately and for the most part have plenty of energy. I still struggle getting out of bed in the morning, every morning, to go to work, but everyone does that even when they aren't pregnant, right? I can feel our little boy moving around every day now and it just puts a smile on my face every time I feel him. I can't wait for C.J. to finally be able to feel him. I have had him try a couple times and he couldn't feel him. I think another week or two and he should be able to. There was one night that we were sitting on the couch and I was watching my belly and I saw part of my belly poke out. I was so excited to see our baby doing that. After a minute, I thought that he might not be strong enough to push that hard on me. Gas bubble? I like to think that it really was our baby. We will need to upload shots of our ultra sounds that we have had, but that will take some time. So this is all for now.

10 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Oh Miss Jackie I am just so happy for you! You have such a cute little belly. And isn't it so so exciting to feel that little one moving inside of you? I'm glad you're feeling better. I think from about 20-30 weeks, life was pretty good...then it goes downhill again. :) Enjoy this trimester! I totally bought your little man some clothes at the outlets yesterday. :) Couldn't help myself!

Unknown said...

Yay!! A baby post! You look so great! Your tummy is just still little and you are darling. You and Cj are in for some great years ahead!

Emily said...

Aw, my cute cousin. You look so cute pregnant! When is your due date?

JenJ said...

I am so happy to read this!!! I was just wondering about you and your cute belly!!!! What a sweet little boy in there.

Jackman Family said...

I love it! You are such a cute pregnant mommy! And yes I too had those night eatings. I would always wake up a couple of times and would go and eat fruit snacks or any other yummy treat I could find. It's fun to hear your pregnancy stories!

Anonymous said...

This is such an exciting POST!!! Life will just keep getting better every day. You won't believe how much you can love your little one until you actually hold him in your arms. There is nothing better in life than being a parent. Love you both so much!!!!!

Amanda Swenson said...

Jackie, you look so cute! How exciting for you guys!

Debbie said...

I have been waiting for this post forever. I am SO excited for you Jackie; you have no idea. I've had your baby shower present for a while now, even though it's not for a couple months. I think you look gorgeous, and I love your baby bump! And yes, I'm sure you saw him moving around. That was always my favorite, seeing my belly move when the the babies were moving around in there. So much fun! I'm so excited for you to be a mom!!!

Ryan and Amber said...

Wow! I guess we haven't seen you in a while becasue you didn't have a belly at all last time! So cute!!! I love it :)

Scott & Annie said...

Yay! I love it!