Monday, July 27, 2009

Quick Trip to California

We went to California last week for just a quick trip. Jackie had a work training meeting in Orange County on Friday and I decided to go with her and make a weekend trip out of it. We flew in Thursday night and met Bretton and Natalie at Downtown Disney. We went to ESPN Zone and sat in the room with the big movie theater screen that had the Angels game on. It was a lot of fun. We were even able to watch the firework show that happens at Disneyland. They were pretty cool.
We walked around Downtown Disney and went into the different shops. The Lego shop is cool to see all the different things they make out of Legos.

Jackie and Natalie had a little sword fight, not sure who won though.
We had to take a picture to send to Jackie's brother Tim to make him jealous that we were that close to Disneyland.
Friday, Jackie went to her work thing, Tyler had picked me up Thursday night and brought me back up to Ventura where we used to live. I went and stopped by my old work and said hi to everyone. It was really nice to see everyone. I miss them lots.

Friday night a big group of us went to the Dodger game. Above is Natalie and Bretton. We sat out in Right Field and they had all you can eat food with our tickets. We ate a lot of hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, and peanuts. It actually was a really good deal. We ate enough food to get our money's worth.
Above is Tyler and Jen. We are excited to be going to the Dominican Republic with them in the fall. It will be a great trip.Here is the view from our seats. The game was pretty exciting, but the Dodgers lost 6 to 3. I'm an A's fan, so it didn't really matter to me who won, but it was a lot of fun being at the game with everyone.
Here is the rest of the group, Sherry, Andy, Nellie, Logan, Spenny, and on the row behind is Rob and Ashley.
If you can make out what the sign says above, it is "MannyWood". They sure do love Manny Ramirez. Whenever he came to bat the crowd was the loudest. He is the one that just got back from his 50 game suspension.
After the game we were able to go down on the field for fireworks. If anyone knows how much I love baseball, you would know how cool this was for me. Everyone making faces behind my back while I was having Jackie take a serious pose picture of me on the field. Needless to say I laid down on the grass and have never walked on nicer grass than there. It was pretty cool.
The firework show was great and they did a Elvis tribute that night.
Here is me standing by the warning track, I wanted to make a run at the wall and jump like I was catching a ball, but there was a security guard as you can see. It was a really fun experience to be down on the field.
Saturday we went to the beach and played some volleyball and then swam in the ocean. Next we made a trip to In N Out and then just hung out the rest of the day. Sunday we went to church and were able to see some people from our old ward. We were excited to see Stacie and her two boys since we would always sit with them during sacrament. I was also able to see some of the young men that I used to work with down there. The trip was a lot of fun and it sure reminded us how much we loved living in California and how much we miss our great friends we made while we were out there.

5 comments:

Abby said...

You're going to the Dominican Republic!?! What the what?!

Not fair.


Looks like you had a great time...almost like you never moved!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

We are so happy we got to see you! We just wish it could have been longer....I guess another visit is in store! :)

It was as if you were never gone-thanks for the visit!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you have so many good friends and are creating so many fun memories. Glad you are home so too. Love you both. Mom

Jackman Family said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun and I'm so glad you got to walk on an actual baseball field that made me laugh!

Emily said...

Sounds like you were in OC when we were in Utah. Dang it! Just missed each other. I miss you. When are you going to the DR? That was our favorite vacation.