Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter Party!

My dear brother Timothy had this idea that we needed to go to the Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince movie at 12:20 in the morning. At first, C.J. and I of course said no! We would much rather sleep and go see it at a normal time. Tim was quick to reject that idea. So he bought us tickets to go. Now, if you know C.J. you know he wouldn't be to excited about that. Well, he wasn't but he said he would still go. What a good Hubby! It was Tim, Ashli, Kelly, CJ and I and a bunch of Ashli's family. C.J. came home from work and played golf with his brother and thought it best if he went to sleep so that he could stay awake during the movie. He always falls asleep during movies and since this one was starting at midnight, he definitely needed to take a nap!
So while he was napping, I had my cute cousins Lizzy, Tricia, Becky and my two sisters Holly and Kelly over for dinner and we played fudge. It was so much fun. We need to get together more often and play! After my party, Kelly and I went to Mom and Dad's house around 10:30 and hung out for a little bit before we headed down to Jordan Commons to watch our show. C.J. needed a little more sleep so he met us at the theatre.
It was very busy and lots of people were dressed up. Some of the people were a little creepy and some of them looked really cool. There was witches selling candies, buttons, wands, and other stuff. It made me laugh. People really got into it. When it was time to start the show, we got into our seats, and C.J. was so excited for the previews. After the previews, C.J. was very disappointed, we had already seen all of them. There was nothing new at all, very disappointing.
After we watched the movie C.J. and I both agreed that it was a great movie and we both enjoyed it and then we hurried home so that we could catch some sleep before we had to get up and go to work. We got home at 3:30 and C.J. never once fell asleep. He did however spill Dr. Pepper all over his lap, so he sat in wet pants for the last half of the movie. Maybe that is why he did not sleep!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dr. Pepper and Harry Potter. What a funny mix. I am glad you had fun. Love you,

Mom

Abby said...

Poor little C.J. and his little Pepper pants.

The Butlers said...

We were at Jordan Commons for the 12:20 showing as well--I wonder if we were in the same theater!

Stacie said...

It was such a nice surprize to see the two of you today! I really miss your help in church with the boys. I looked at the pictures of your house. Very nice! You two are such a cute couple!!