Monday, June 29, 2009

Long time....

It has been a long time since I have posted, but it's hard when we do not have the internet at home. We've spent most of the month waiting for the rain to stop so we could have our yard put in. We had a little pond in our front yard that took forever to dry out and postponed our yard from getting done for over two weeks. We had the sprinklers put in and we laid the sod. Thanks to Cory for having it more than half way done by the time I got home and we had it all done before Jackie even got home from work.

It is so nice to have our yard in, it really feels like our home is complete. Hopefully we will be able to put in some flowers and edge the flower beds with rock or brick in the next couple of weeks.
We had two of our nephews spend the night on Friday and had a blast with them. We played some guitar hero, went to dinner, played some Wii fit and then the boys watched four movies. I only made it to one in the morning awake, but they pulled an all nighter. I would post pictures of us playing the wii fit but I think Kyle and Payden would be too embarrassed of how funny they looked playing it. We had some good laughs.

Saturday we went out to West Fest with my family. My Mom was in charge of the Vendor Booth's out there and did a great job. She was even interviewed by Big Buda from Fox 13 news in the morning. We went on rides together and had a lot of fun. I got sick on one of the spinning rides. I've never had a ride make me sick until the one out there.
Mom put together her own booth and sold some burp clothes, towels, magnet boards and hats for kids to design.
On the spinning Apple/Berry ride. Cayman and Cohen sure had fun once it got spinning. I set Cohen on the middle thing where you spin the ride and he laughed and laughed. It was funny.
They went on lots of rides and did not even get tired from them, they would get off and say again again.

Hopefully I will get better at updating the blog. We have the Johnson Family Reunion this week and then we are heading up to Star Valley for the weekend for another Reunion. Should be a fun busy week.

3 comments:

Abby said...

Wow, that must have been a huge project for you mom! Good for her! Your yard looks awesome, and your house is gorgeous.

I hope Jackie is feeling better!

My Walkabout said...

Sweet lawn!

Anonymous said...

Your yard looks fabulous. I am so happy my sons are so willing to help each other. I can't wait to see it in person now that Westfest is over.

I really appreciated my entire family to come and see what I have been able to accomplish for my community. It was so fun to be able to show off my family and see them have fun together. I am so proud that you and Jackie have now established your own home. I love you both very much. Love, Mom