Monday, June 1, 2009

Last Few Weeks

We don't have the internet at home so it has been hard to update anything. We also haven't been taking much pictures and since everyone only looks at blogs for the pictures I haven't posted anything.

We had a picnic with the Nielsen's the other week up in Farmington. Their twins are so big. We also had them over this week and it was fun to play with the twins and hang out.

We went to Rubey Tuesday's for my Mom's birthday and had a nice dinner with her, Candice, and Cohen. Cohen made me laugh all night.

We had a big family bbq at my Grandparents over Memorial Day Weekend, this is the only picture I took. My Grandparents now have over 20 great grandkids and these parties are now way different than a few years ago now that we have little kids running around again.

This past Saturday I ran in a 5 K for the Ensign Foundation. We were raising money for an Employee Emergency Fund and then also for a Charity that our company donates to at the end of the year. I think it ended up being more of a 3 k instead of a 5 k but hey my t shirt says 5 k and that is all that matters.
Let's play find C.J. in the picture above.


I ended up finishing 4th out of the group Men 17-30, but I would have finished 4th in the group over 50 as well. We probably had over 100 runners and I probably finished 15th or so overall. It was fun. This weekend we also had a Neighborhood BBQ for those in our Circle and it was a lot of fun to get to know everyone. Saturday night we had a BBQ with Jackie's friends at her friend Debbie's house. It was fun to see everyone. It's nice to get to know Jackie's friends from her younger days. The house is still great, we are really enjoying being in our own place. It is basically furnished now and we have everything decorated, so if you are up our way in North Salt Lake, feel free to stop by and say hi. We always have ice cream.

5 comments:

Abby said...

Way to go C.J! I don't think I would ever be able to run a marathon! I want to know more about your neighborhood bbq because i want to have one in my neighborhood. who organized it? how did they pay for it? did everyone bring something?

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

I'm so glad we were included in your last few weeks! (sarcasm intended!) I guess coming up all the way from SoCal to visit is just old news...

Way to go on the marathon.

Anonymous said...

Spenny and Nellie, I agree. I think you are news and I would have love to see an update. Glad I get to visit your blog.

Way to go C.J. and Jackie. The twins are getting big. It is fun to see you have so many friends.

Thanks for the update.

Love, Mom

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Thanks Connie! :)

Becky said...

I found you!!