Monday, May 4, 2009

Moved IN!!!

It was a crazy hectic weekend. We ended up closing on our house Friday morning at 8 am and everything went smoothly at that point. Jackie went back to work and I went to get the moving truck. I ended up waiting too long to reserve a truck and could not find the size we wanted so we ended up getting a smaller truck, but it all worked out great. Cory, Ryan, and Tim all meet me out at my Mom's where we had been keeping our stuff and we were able to get the truck loaded pretty quickly. We were even able to get the piano on the truck.

We got up to North Salt Lake at three o'clock and they would not give us the keys as the guy at the bank and signed off that the wire was there. The bank had confirmed the wire was there, but the person that needed to sign had not signed yet. The guy came to install the blinds at four, but still no keys, lucky for us, bad for him, he brought the wrong boxes so he had to go back to get our blinds. Finally at 4:40 pm we were given the keys, and the move in began.....

We had a lot of help and it really did go smoothly. Thank you to everyone that helped, we really appreciated it!!!!
Grandpa and Grandma brought up Pizza, drinks, and the famous Dunford donuts. It was really nice of them. Grandpa did a great job of supervising. That is our 8 foot Love Sac and we can't find a room big enough to put it in our house. We aren't sure what we are going to do with it......

Spencer and Cory putting together the sweet TV.
Everyone breaking in the new couch......
We have put together most of the house, there are still pictures to be hung up, but by Saturday evening I was so tired and sore that I didn't want to do anymore. Below is our front room.
Our beautiful kitchen.Jackie on our Comfy Couch.
My new TV
Our front entry way, we love our doors and it is one of our favorite things in the house.
The guest bathroom

We are so excited to be in our house and everything turned out wonderful. Thanks for all of your help!!!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the new house! Love the bathroom! It is really cute!

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Looks great! How exciting to be in a house. Yes, we're jealous. Looks like things are pulling together really quickly. I'm glad you had lots of help. Hopefully we'll be able to come see your new house soon.

Debbie said...

Cute house! I love how you decorated it! You have the same couch as us. Hey, if you need a place for your Love Sac, we'll take it off your hands! :) Let us know when we can come see your new house; we'd love to see it!

Tricia said...

Love the bathroom curtain! Oh yea, and the rest of the house!!!

JenJ said...

SO FUN!!!
That is totally exciting!! It looks awesome. It really is a beautiful kitchen! And I Love the shower curtain too, good taste you guys....wanna come help decorate my house??

Liz said...

yee haw! for Jackie and CJ....when the big party?

Abby said...

OH, it's GORGEOUS. It looks so good with all your stuff in there. My favorite is the kitchen. I WANT THAT FRIDGE.

So happy for you guys. Can't wait to see it for reals!

The Butlers said...

Congrats on the house--it looks beautiful! Maybe you should donate the couch to grandpa, he looks pretty comfy...

Kelly Brooke said...

That is awsome Sprats! I love it. I can't wait to come and make a mess in it. ha!

Brandon and Val said...

I am so happy you are finally in your cute house! I really like it! I think we might have twinner couches! :) We love ours! Miss ya!

Becky said...

Yehaa! How fun to be in your own place finally! Christopher John, Jackie - CONGRATS!! I love it, and I'm just waiting for an invite to your housewarming party. :)

...is Tim still wearing that In and Out T-shirt?? Really?

xóchitl said...

congrats on the house! i'm mostly interested in the 8ft bean bag and a Dunford Donut. i've never heard of a Dunford Donut, which apparently is a crying shame.

A Person said...

Definitely a step up from the Colony! Very nice.