Thursday, October 24, 2013

Zoo and Pumpkin Carving/Painting Party!

We went to the zoo today with our neighbor Sara and her kids Henry and Lucy. Lucy is Jackson's age and he loves to play with her. Jackson gets so excited to see Lucy outside playing or at church. It is really cute. He thought it was even more exciting that we rode in Lucy's car. All the way to the zoo, he sang and talked. This little boy makes me laugh everyday. Jackson loved running around with the kids. They were sad because the polar bear, Rizzo, was not out. It was a bummer, but we were able to still see a lot of the animals. Jackson said is favorite were the snakes. 









We had a pumpkin street party where you brought your pumpkins to carve or to paint. Since we had just tried the carving, I thought Jackson would enjoy the painting. He was excited to do it until he got a little paint on his fingers. I was able to wipe enough off that he thought he was okay to finish his pumpkin before washing his hands. He had fun doing it, which I was very glad for.











Just some of our awesome neighbors. I wanted to get pictures of our neighbors because one day if we move I want to be able to have pictures of the great friends we have made here. I didn't get nearly as many as I should have. Above is Kenny Tagge, Breanna Tagge and Carly Essig and Baby Addie. Below is Bobbi Phillips, Natalie Preston, Angalee Jackson. In the back: Tori Wilding, Linda, Stacy Halladay.



Jackson's finished pumpkin. He did a great job!



Here are some of the more advanced pumpkins that were carved. They looked awesome. I tried to get a picture of them with the flash off so you could see them all lit up, but it was blurry every time!

I am very grateful for the great neighbors and friends that we have made while living here. We were truly guided by the Lord when we were picking out where to build our house. I am grateful for the Spirit and how it can lead and guide us in everything we do in life.

0 comments: