Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Labor Day Weekend!

We started the weekend by playing in the rain. Jackson thought it was great fun and loved that Daddy got out there with him.







Jackson gets so mad now when I try to take a picture of him. He yells," No take picture of me!" That is what he is doing above. It makes me laugh every time. CJ and Jackson jumped over the cracks in the driveway. Jackson called them craps instead of cracks. I just love him!

On Saturday I went to Swiss Days with my Mom and sister Kelly. I hadn't been in years and it was so fun to go. CJ stayed home with Jackson which was nice so I didn't have to chase him around. We smelled all the yummy food, but forgot to buy any! We were so sad we didn't even get a scone. We looked at all the booths and there were lots of fun things to buy! Jodi and her family came up that weekend and met us at Swiss Days. It was so fun!
On Sunday we headed back up to Midway for a little reunion with my Mom's sister Charlene and her kids. They were all in town for Swiss Days so it was the perfect time to see each other. We had a delicious lunch of taquitos, salads and homemade ice cream for dessert. It was so yummy! We hardly ever get taquitos because they are so much work, so it was a special treat!
After we ate, we headed to a park to hang out and play some games. I don't know the name of the first game, but everyone got a paper and on there was a word and then it said top, bottom or middle. Each word had two words that went a long with it, but you didn't know what they were and other people had those words. You had to find the other two people that went with your word and then sit on each others laps in the order of what was on your paper. It was a hilarious game and so fun to watch! Everyone would gather on the grass and start yelling out their word to find their other two matches. When they found them, they ran to the picnic tables to sit on each other. Some of the little kids got squished by the adults!








Then we played a game called assassin. I won't even try to explain that one. It is kind of weird, but everyone loved it!



The two Johnson Families together!







Poor Jackson was done taking pictures


My brother Tim with Adam, Brad and Bart Johnson

It was such a fun day! We never get to see these guys so it was so fun to spend time with them. They had us laughing the whole time. I just love my family! 

0 comments: