Monday, August 13, 2012

Bountiful Parade

We don't usually go to the Bountiful Parade. CJ doesn't like parades and I have to admit, they aren't as fun as I used to remember. People camp out to get good seats for this one and I am definitely not doing that! I heard that they were going to have 2000 young men march in it to represent the 2000 Stripling Warriors and I thought that would be really cool to see. My Mom and Dad drove up for it and we took Holly's three girls. There were some cool floats, lots of cars, Santa even came cruising by in his recliner chair. We had good seats and were able to sit and watch the parade. Jackson liked watching the floats and waving at the people on them. He was so good the whole time. It was overcast so it was the perfect day to go! Now I saw it once, don't really need to see it again! 











Helaman and the stripling warriors stopped right in front of us and started banging their sticks on the ground. They put nails in the bottom of their sticks so they made a clinking noise when they hit the ground. They started out slow and got faster and faster and then yelled "We did not doubt." Then they started marching past us. It was really cool to see that many boys so you can get an idea of what the stripling warriors looked like. It is pretty remarkable that they all had so much faith that the Lord would protect them and they all survived. They were taught by their Mother's. That means I have a lot of work to do with my Little Jackson and hopefully I can help build a good enough foundation that he can have that much faith throughout his life.





0 comments: