Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Thanksgiving and Fun in December!

We have really slacked this past month on posting. So.... For Thanksgiving it was our turn to go to CJ's Mom's house. Cory, July and kids and Dallas, Candice and kids were there. It was a lot of fun hanging out with everybody and after a delicious dinner we played a couple games. For dessert I made an apple pie. My first attempt and I have to say it turned out pretty good! Jackson loves to watch kids, so he had a lot of fun watching his cousins run around and playing. It was Jackson's first Thanksgiving and I think his favorite thing he ate was mashed potatoes. We can't give him a ton of real food just yet because he spits it all up afterwards.



We left Connie's house around 7:30. We weren't planning on going to my Mom's house, but everyone was still there so we headed out there to play for a little bit. We hung out with everyone and ate more pie! We got a great game of Fudge going. That is a family favorite which we play just about every time the family gets together.



My Cute Daddy with his favorite Grandson!

Everyone at my Mom's just hanging out!

On the 5th, we went to Zoo Lights with Cory and his family and Connie. Jackson had a bad cough so we decided to leave him with Holly while CJ and I went. Not very nice of us I guess, but we sure had fun! It was a freezing night, but we were all bundled up and there were heaters throughout the zoo. We started off by seeing Santa and his reindeer. He could only bring Comet and Vixen with him. We wrote letters to Santa, put them in the mail and then Cayman and Cooper were able to sit on his lap. He was the cutest Santa and took his time with the kids.




I was really amazed at all the lights at the zoo. They do a great job and CJ and I really had fun walking around! We turned into little kids running around looking at the lights. You don't go there to see the animals. We were only able to see a couple, but the lights were worth it. The carousel was open so July, Cayman, Cooper and I went on it.
After the zoo we went to The Spaghetti Factory at Trolley Square and got dinner and yummy hot chocolate. It was a very fun night with CJ's family, maybe next year Jackson will be able to go!

It was my birthday that next Sunday so some of my family and Connie were able to come over for dinner. I was making chalupas for everyone. It is meat and beans that you put on top of chips or tortillas. They are so good and I have been wanting them for a very long time. We have church at nine and the first couple of hours it has to boil on the stove. I thought that checking it after Sacrament would be okay. CJ went home to check on it and when he came back to church he stunk so bad because it had burned. I sent him home with Jackson because he seriously smelled and I felt bad for those sitting around us. When I got home from church, it was ruined. It tasted burnt, our house smelled. I started to get a little panicky because I had no idea what I was going to fix for everybody to eat. Holly came to the rescue and we were still able to use everything we had for the chalupas, but we had Mexican Haystacks instead.


My nephew Beckett just loves to have me hold him when I am around. I will try to put him down for a minute and then he sits there with his arms up asking me to hold him. I don't mind it at all. He is such a cutie! And I love that he loves me!

Connie made a delicious chocolate cake with marshmallow frosting for my birthday cake. She made cute Mickey Mouse heads on it because she knows I love Disney!




Even though I ruined dinner and cried over it, it turned out to be a great day with family. Who could ask for anything more!

0 comments: