Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas

What a busy few weeks it has been between Christmas parties for work, parties with family and friends. Just looking at my camera, I realized we hadn't been taking pictures. On the 23rd we had the Vincent Christmas party. We had quite the turn out. It was fun to see everyone and watch the play by play of the Utah Utes bowl game on our phones because we didn't have a TV.
On the 24th we went to Jackie's parents house. We had the famous Johnson Christmas Eve sandwiches, clam chowder, and regular sandwiches for others. We sang carols, read the nativity story from the bible, opened presents and had a great time being around each other.

Here is cousin Chuck and me singing a lovely duet and it was lovely.
We were lucky enough to have our friends Tyler and Jen stay with us from the 22nd to 26th. We had so much fun just talking, playing Mario Brothers on the Wii, watching movies, and eating good food. We went our separate ways during the day but then stayed up way late. Christmas morning was so fun for Jackie and I to wake up at our own place and open gifts together. This is the first Christmas we have been able to do that. All of the past Christmases we had been at somebody elses house since we had lived in California.

Jackie and me after opening presents.
Last week we had Tim and Ash and their boys over. Wyatt played Mario Kart by himself and played for a good hour, and I don't think he finished all 3 laps. It was really funny, he just keep going backwards and then frontwards, he sure made us laugh.

Well I hope everyone had a great Christmas, I can't believe this year is coming to a close.

2 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

Looks like a great Christmas! I'm glad you got some time with Ty and Jen. I didn't realize they were staying with you for so long-super fun. Too bad Andy didn't show up. :)

L said...

Aww... I miss your family!!
XOXO!