Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wet carpet and wet burp cloth to be!

We had a very exciting past weekend! Friday morning when C.J. grabbed the scriptures off the floor he noticed they were a little bit damp. So we moved them and didn't think twice about it. Saturday night when we were kneeling for prayers, we were on my side of the bed which we never are, and when I got up my knees were soaked. We starting feeling around and noticed that a corner in our bedroom was very wet. We started moving our stuff around and noticed that all my church books that I had up against my dresser were completely wet. I put them on the table to dry and sadly some of them are not usable anymore. I was and still am upset that my nice books are ruined. We went to church on Sunday and after church had one of the maintenance guys come look at our carpet. Come to find out our water heater was leaking and they would need to replace it, pull up our carpet to get out the wet padding and so the carpet could dry. We had our friends Spenny and Nellie come to help us move our bed over so it would be easier to pull up the corner that was wet. While we were moving it, Spenny was kneeling on the floor and got wet. The water had gone across our whole bedroom. We took down our bed and moved everything into the extra bedroom except for our dressers. When I came home from work on Monday, all the carpet in our bedroom was pulled up with three big blowers in there to dry it out. Did I mention that it stunk like wet dog in our bedroom all weekend? Anyway, today when I got home, the carpet was all put together again and our carpets were cleaned. It still has a faint smell, but it is way better then what it was.


Now for my exciting project! Tonight for an enrichment activity we had a sewing class. Now I took one in high school, but if you looked real closely at the things I made they were not so great, but from afar they looked wonderful! Tonight my friend Stacie was teaching the class, and we made burp cloths. It wasn't that hard, it just takes some getting used to. Mine of course is not as professional looking as Stacie's, but I have to say it turned out pretty darn good. I am very proud of myself in case you couldn't tell. I better not make too many though because my wonderful Mother-in-law has already made me lots for when we have kids! Thanks Connie!! And here is the finished product:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelly Brooke said...

Wow Jackie, you are so crafty. I am proud of you. Who have thunk you had it in yout! Just kidding. Sorry about your books.

JenJ said...

That looks so cute and I love the material!! You will have to share the "know-how" with me!

L said...

Sad about your carpet and books! I love your sewing project! That is pretty darn cute!

Abby said...

That is so cute, Jackie! Good job. I'm working on a quilt for my nephew, my first quilt ever! I'll have to tell you how that goes. What an adventure with the carpet!

Becky said...

Scriptures, prayer, and church books? Could you possibly make the rest of us feel less worthy? jk Flooding stinks!!! So sorry!

Brittany said...

You know we are having a boy right? Great, so if you happen to make one of those super cute burp cloths in a boy print and happen to have it laying around...I may consider taking it off your hands!