Sunday, May 18, 2008

Reagan Presidential Library


On Thursday night my Mom flew into town for a visit. Friday while we worked she went shopping and hung out at the house. I came home and took her to lunch and showed her where Jackie works. That night we went and walked around Downtown Ventura, went to Applebees and then went and watched the sad Jazz game. Too bad they waited until the last six minutes to put up a fight. Oh well, there is always next year. We had fun hanging out with Spenny, Nellie, baby Logan, and Andy. Saturday we hung around Ventura and then headed to the Reagan Presidential Library. This is something we have been wanting to do since we moved here. It was a lot more fun that I thought it would be and there was so much history to see and learn about it. It was pretty amazing. We spent close to 3 hours there and probably would have spent more, but I like to walk through things somewhat fast. Spent Saturday night watching Transformers and 27 Dresses. Great movies and best of all we were able to eat some good ole Mom's cooking.
I thought this painting was really cool.

This is us standing in front of the Nation's Capitol.
One of the old Air Force One's. We were able to walk through the inside of it. It was really cool inside. Not as fancy as what I imagined, but 20 to 30 years ago it was probaby way amazing.
This part of the Library was all about Nancy Reagan. There were so many of her dresses there and her life story. It was really interesting.
Next to one of the President's bullet proof cars. Maybe I am slow but I didn't know Ronald Reagan was the Gipper in the movie about Knute Rockne. So when you say "Win one for the Gipper" Reagen was the Gipper. That was probably one of the most interesting things I saw. Jackie had never heard that line before, but I guess it is a sports thing.
Us in front of the President's helicopter. I was really glad we went to the Library. It was really interesting and had a ton of history that was really cool to see and read about. Thanks Mom for coming and visiting us. We had a great time and enjoyed your cooking.


6 comments:

My Walkabout said...

Dude, that place is sweet! Is it in Ventura itself?

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Mom was there I couldn't tell there is no pics of her with you.

JenJ said...

Way cool. We will have to go see it next time we stop by! You would love DC if you liked all that stuff!!!

L said...

I'm voting you two the "Most Adventurous Couple of the Year!!!"